NYOH Offering Telemedicine Appointments
New York Oncology Hematology is pleased to offer telemedicine appointments, allowing new and existing patients to consult with our team of doctors via secure virtual visits – from the comfort and safety of home.
While telemedicine cannot fully replace the need for in-person care and treatment, it does provide flexibility for patients and their caregivers – especially during the COVID19 pandemic. Types of telemedicine appointments include:
- COVID-19: Patients who have COVID-19 symptoms or are in isolation or quarantine for COVID-19
- Routine Follow-up: Patients coming in for a routine follow-up visit
- Non-Emergent Symptoms: Patients with non-emergent symptoms during and after treatment that can be managed remotely
- Side Effects: Patients with cancer treatment side effects
- Test/Imaging Results: Patients returning for a follow-up visit to review scan or test results that do not require in-person action
- Medication Refill: Patients in active treatment who need a prescription medication that can be refilled electronically
We encourage you to learn more or call your NYOH office to make a telemedicine appointment.