Join NYOH on May 20th at the Spring to Life Conference
Join New York Oncology Hematology at the “Spring to Life” conference on Saturday, May 20, 2017, with a special afternoon session designed for caregivers of those living with cancer.
Join us at the Albany Marriott for an informative and supportive afternoon, focused on the vital role that caregivers play.
The morning session is designed for health care professionals and credit is available for attending.
This event is FREE and open to the public, but you must register at: spring2lifeheme.org
About the Program
Spring to Life™ is an annual free program for patients who have been diagnosed with a blood cancer, as well as their families, companions, and caregivers. Each year, patients and their loved ones join national experts, community oncologist/hematologists, and social workers to share stories and improve understanding in a fun and supportive environment. The theme of the 2017 program is Care for the Caregiver.
This program will explore:
- Facing unknowns, together and separately
- Managing worries and fears
- Compassion fatigue
- Dependency and helplessness
- Dealing with changing roles
- The hidden gifts of caregiving
Spring to Life will help you:
- Share experiences about living and surviving with cancer
- Take better care of yourself and your loved ones